Chairman of the Board | Hammersmith Lyric Theater
The Lyric Hammersmith Theater is one of London’s oldest production houses. We occupy a very special place in theatrical ecology; produce world-class theater from the heart of Hammersmith. The Lyric is committed to being part of the community and we passionately believe in excellence and integrity in everything we do.
We are an industry leader in developing young talent, making meaningful and impactful change where it matters most; to the lives of those for whom socio-economic disadvantage impedes opportunities. Theater has the power to change lives; Through our work, we empower young talent in West London and develop the future of British theater.
In this exciting time, we are looking for a dynamic and ambitious new chair that shares our vision and supports our ambitions as a major production theater. The Chair will share a passion for our work and our artistic vision; they will support our projects for young people in West London, our commitment to be an equal, diverse, inclusive and environmentally responsible organization. The successful candidate will have strong capacity for influence and authority, excellent judgment and will be a strong advocate for the organization.
Our new chair will need to have a solid social, cultural and commercial conscience. We are looking for an accomplished leader who is a good communicator, able to network and make connections for Lyric.
We have six key business goals to achieve for 2022-2023:
- Working with the UK’s foremost artists to develop and present world-class theater from the heart of Hammersmith that speaks to existing and new audiences.
- Providing clear and sustainable paths in the theater industry for young people from all walks of life in West London, supporting the artists of tomorrow.
- Implement and strengthen our engagement action plan for change and further strengthen our work on inclusion and diversity.
- Provide better access to our work on stage by establishing incisive links with our projects and our activity with young people; use the impact of excellence to inspire creativity and empower future audiences and theater makers.
- To ensure that Lyric is resilient, dynamic and stable to face the challenges of the future without impacting our mission.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure that the Arts Council’s investment principles are incorporated into all of our activities from 2023+
If you would like to learn more about this exciting role, please visit our microsite for more details and get in touch with our research partners at Green Park to find out more.
Closing Date: Tuesday 23 November 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Please email your application to [email protected] by 11.59pm on Tuesday 23 November 2021.