Global Massive MIMO (multiple-input and multiple-output) Market Report 2022-2026: Beamforming and Massive MIMO
DUBLIN, May 16, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Massive MIMO – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Massive global MIMO market to reach $14.6 billion by 2026
The global Massive MIMO market estimated at US$1.6 billion in 2020, is expected to reach a revised size of US$14.6 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 44.8% over the analysis period.
Over the years, MIMO has evolved into an integral aspect of wireless communication standards, including IEEE 802.11ac (Wi-Fi), IEEE 802.11n (Wi-Fi), WiMAX, HSPA+ (3G) and 4G Long Term Evolution (4G LTE). MIMO is also applied to powerline communication for 3-wire deployments, as part of the HomePlug AV2 specification and the ITU G.hn standard.
Massive MIMO, considered an extension of the MIMO technique, promises better spectral efficiency as well as increased throughput by bringing the receive and transmit antennas closer together. Massive MIMO technology thus offers several antennas, useful for mobile devices and base stations. Massive MIMO antennas are capable of increasing system capacity, improving throughput, improving spectral efficiency, increasing resistance and reducing fading.
LTE Advanced, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to register a CAGR of 37.5% and reach US$9.2 billion at the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and the induced economic crisis, the growth of the LTE Advanced Pro segment is readjusted to a revised CAGR of 47.1% for the next 7-year period.
The US market is estimated at $597.1 million in 2021, when China is expected to reach $3.3 billion by 2026
The Massive MIMO market in the United States is estimated at US$597.1 million in the year 2021. Chinathe second largest economy in the world, is expected to reach a projected market size of US$3.3 billion by 2026 with a CAGR of 54.8% over the analysis period.
Other notable geographic markets include Japan and Canada, each predicting growth of 31.2% and 38.2% respectively over the analysis period. In Europe, Germany is expected to grow at approximately 36.9% CAGR.
Rapid demand for high-speed Internet services from the residential and business sectors and strong growth in data volumes are a major driver of the massive MIMO market. Over the years, the Internet has established itself as a powerful platform transforming the way businesses operate and users communicate.
As the world’s preferred medium of communication, the Internet has played a vital role in creating a globalized world and has become the universal source of information for people and businesses around the world. The internet is constantly evolving, with mobile technology and social media being among the most recent evolutionary changes in the internet world.
The demand for the internet has grown at a steady pace over the years, driven by advancements in the digital infrastructure and services space. The demand for Internet services is particularly high in developing economies where Internet service penetration is relatively low compared to mature markets.
The rise of Internet-based applications for business and personal users contributes to the ever-increasing demand for Internet services. The increasing proliferation of Internet-enabled devices is emerging as one of the main growth drivers for high-speed Internet services. Equipped with the ability to provide connectivity to the Internet, these smart devices are capable of providing users with connectivity to desired information or content.
The convergence of conventional data and voice communications with Internet Protocol-based content delivery networks is generating new services in several markets. Internet-enabled devices are poised for explosive growth in shipping volume, driven by strong growth in mobile professionals, Platinum travelers and data-centric consumers to connect, share and have fun.
5G segment to be reached $2 billion by 2026
5G networks are expected to offer the highest growth opportunities in the future. Massive MIMO should attract particular attention in the 5G era due to its many advantages. Multi-antenna technology is an advanced version of standard MIMO that uses up to 8 x 8 antennas.
Current research efforts are focused on increasing the number of antennas to 100 or more using GHz frequencies and antennas with small apertures. Massive MIMO has the potential to transform wireless communications by improving data rates and link reliability while reducing error rates and costs. In addition to improving spectrum efficiency by exploiting the spatial domain, massive MIMO introduces more antennas to enable scalable use of low-cost, low-power components.
Massive MIMO is a promising option for 5G which uses higher radio spectrums compared to 2G/3G/4G, such as centimeter and millimeter waves. In the global 5G segment, UNITED STATES, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the CAGR of 82.3% estimated for this segment. These regional markets represented a combined market size of 35 million US dollars in the year 2020.
China will remain among the most dynamic in this group of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, Indiaand South Koreathe market of Asia Pacific should reach US$606.1 million by 2026.
Main topics covered:
- Overview of the influencer market
- Global Market Trajectories
- Telecommunications industry faces pressure amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Telecom sector: an essential support system for the management of the COVID-19 crisis
- The COVID-19 crisis is having a negative impact on the evolution of 5G
- Demand for 5G smartphones is expected to be reduced in 2020
- Growing focus on connectivity heralds a bright long-term future for the telecommunications industry
- An introduction to Massive MIMO
- Advantages and disadvantages of massive MIMO
- Massive Increase in Data Consumption Propels Massive Global MIMO Market
- Massive MIMO to make massive gains in the 5G era
- Number of Massive MIMO products offered by major vendors
- A look at some innovations
- Global brands
- Recent market activity
2. FOCUS ON CERTAIN PLAYERS (Total 35 Featured)
- China United Network Communications Group Co., Ltd.
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Nokia Company
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Xilinx, Inc.
- ZTE Company
3. MARKET TRENDS AND DRIVERS
- Attributes such as high signal-to-noise ratio and link reliability make massive MIMO a preferred technology
- Rising need for high-speed internet and growth in data volumes on handheld devices is fueling massive growth in MIMO market
- Increasing smartphone proliferation and growing demand for high-speed data communications present growth potential
- Base station antennas play a vital role for mobile telecommunications companies
- Massive MIMO is finding immense use in the mobile communications market for software implementation: a growth indicator
- Disruptive Popularity of 802.11ac Wave 2 Accelerates Growth in Massive MIMO Market
- Massive MIMO: a boon for next-generation mobile networks
- Advances in 4G LTE and 4.5G data models drive rapid demand for Massive MIMO
- Transition to high-speed 5G networks to boost massive MIMO implementations
- mmWave band for 5G network
- Using 5G chipsets for mmWave
- Fully programmable RFSoCs to manage system complexity
- Key Deployment Challenges for Massive MIMO in 5G Networks
- Use of Massive MIMO in high-speed, long-range applications continues to grow
- Beamforming and Massive MIMO: the basis of signal processing in 5G networks
- The combined capabilities of the mmWave bands and massive MIMO offer significant potential for next-generation wireless communication systems
- Growing pressure on wireless networks reinforces the importance of advanced base station antennas
- FDD solutions are essential to enable massive MIMO
- Key research areas in the Massive MIMO technology space
- Key Challenges Facing the Massive MIMO Market
- Massive MIMO brings more complexity
- Need accurate channel modeling to understand complexity
- Need for new modeling techniques
- Hybrid Operator Eyes Approach to Overcoming Typical Massive MIMO Concerns
4. GLOBAL MARKET OUTLOOK
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/17e3h3
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets