The three-meter crocodile from the Nuevo Nayarit tourist beach has been moved
A crocodile about three meters (10 feet) took several people by surprise who were on the beach in Nuevo Nayarit, also known as Nuevo Vallarta, on the night of Saturday April 16.
According to the Secretary of Security and Citizen Protection (SSPC) report, the events occurred after rescue forces were alerted to the sighting of a crocodile in the sea and in the beach area in 11:30 a.m., which alarmed bathers. and locals at the height of the Easter weekend holiday.
Elements of the heroic corps of firefighters and rescuers have activated a search and locate operation near the beach. The crocodile was located at 3 a.m. on Sunday April 17.
Once the crocodile was captured, it was entrusted to a biologist to determine its species and assess its state of health. Later, the croc was moved, in order to avoid any incident in the rest areas.
The Nuevo Nayarit beach area has been cleared of any type of risk and permanent surveillance and prevention work has been carried out by security personnel and lifeguards.
Last Tuesday, April 5, a family living in the neighborhood of San Agustín, had a scare after discovering that a crocodile about a meter long had been found in their house.
Residents of Calle Sur 8 heard strange noises at dawn, so they went out to the patio to find the specimen crawling very close to the door that leads to the street.
Not knowing exactly what to do and in the turmoil caused by the discovery of such an animal in their home, the family asked for help from the municipal authorities who rescued it and then handed it over to the staff of the Department of Ecology and the environment. They were in charge of transferring it to the ecological park of Ehécatl where the fauna is exposed and cared for.
“Urban rescue comrades and authorities from @DMAyEEcatepec (Department of Environment and Ecology Ecatepec) rescued a moreletii crocodile from inside a house in the neighborhood of San Agustín, which may have having escaped from a neighboring house, the reptile was sheltered and transferred to the Ehécatl installations”, published the Civil Protection of the municipality on its Twitter account.
Acoyani Baroco Bonilla, head of the department of ecology and environment of Ecatepec, said that it could be a case of animal trafficking since this type of species is illegally marketed as animal of company without the conditions or suitable habitat in place.
“It is a Crocodylus Moreletii or Swamp Crocodile, it is an endangered species of Mexican reptile. At this time, attention, lodging, food and care will be provided in the park, however , they will be taken to an animal management unit,” said Xihuitl Tecuizpo, a volunteer at Ehécatl Ecological Park.
According to the Federal Attorney for Environmental Protection, there are 23 species of crocodilians in the world, but the swamp crocodile (Crocodylus moreletii) is one of three types of reptiles that inhabit Mexican lands, along with the crocodile of river (Crocodylus acutus) and the caiman (Caiman crocodilus).
Trending stories right now on PVDN
- The three-meter crocodile from the Nuevo Nayarit tourist beach has been moved A crocodile about three meters (10 feet) took several people by surprise who were on the beach in Nuevo Nayarit, also known as Nuevo Vallarta, on the night of Saturday April 16. According to the report of the Secretary for Security and Citizens Protection (SSPC), the events occurred after the rescue alert…
- Some free things to do in Puerto Vallarta Puerto Vallarta is one of the top destinations with plenty of free family activities. So if you are looking for a place to enjoy and save some money, this is the place. Sea Turtle Release The Boca de Tomates Tortuguero Camp is one of the best free events…
- Red tide in Puerto Vallarta and Nayarit is safe for recreation if you don’t mind dead fish Despite the fact that over the past three days thousands of dead fish have washed up on the beaches of Puerto Vallarta and Nayarit due to the red tide, the Federal Commission for Protection against Sanitary Risks (Cofepris) and the state government ensure that the beaches are clean. and suitable for recreational use. “In order to get…
- A 4.0 magnitude earthquake off Puerto Vallarta An earthquake measuring 4.0 and 5 kilometers deep was recorded off Puerto Vallarta at 2:53 a.m. local time (7:53 a.m. UTC) today. The epicenter of the episode was 290 km southwest of this city in the state of Jalisco, according to initial information from the National Seismological Service (SSN). In…
- Puerto Vallarta police fire shots as motorist dodges breathalyzer A Puerto Vallarta police officer fired his weapon at a motorist who was trying to avoid a breathalyzer test. The events took place in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, when a person traveling in a van tried to avoid the breathalyzer, near the Agustín Flores Contreras stadium. In a video circulating on social media…